Cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, which is then used to help improve the site. The information collected includes the number of site visitors, where visitors come to the site from and the pages they visited.
You can learn more about cookies and how to control them at cookiesandyou.com
Our own cookies are used to enhance your experience of using our website. Cookies set are:
- CookieControl - used to remember your Cookie Control choices, expires 90 days.
We use Cloudflare to enhance performance and security. The cookie set is:
- __cfduid - used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis, expires 1 year.
This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off. More details are available from the Cloudflare Help Center.
- _gat - used to throttle request rate, expires 1 minute
- _gat_gtag_[Property-ID] - used to throttle request rate, expires 1 minute
- _gid - used to distinguish users, expires 24 hours
- _ga - used to distinguish users, expires 2 years
More details are available from the Google Analytics Developers Guide.
Hotjar helps us understand how users behave on our website and how we can improve their experience. Cookies set are:
- _hjid - set when a user first lands on a page, persists the Hotjar User ID, ensures data from subsequent visits to the same site are attributed to the same user ID, expires 365 days
- _hjRecordingLastActivity - set in Session storage as opposed to cookies, updated when a user recording starts and when data is sent through the WebSocket, expires when session ends
- _hjClosedSurveyInvites - set when a user interacts with an external link, survey invitation modal ensures the same invite does not reappear if it has already been shown, expires 365 days duration, boolean true/false data type
- _hjDonePolls - set when a user completes an on-site Survey., ensures the same Survey does not reappear if it has already been filled in, expires 365 dayss, boolean true/false data type
- _hjMinimizedPolls - aet when a user minimizes an on-site Survey., wnsures that the Survey stays minimized when the user navigates through the site, expires 365 day, boolean true/false data type
- _hjDoneTestersWidgets - not in use
- _hjIncludedInSample - not in use
- _hjShownFeedbackMessage - set when a user minimizes or completes a Feedback widget, ensures the Feedback widget will load as minimized if the user navigates to another page where it is set to show, expires 365 day, boolean true/false data type
- _hjUserAttributesHash - User Atributes sent through the Hotjar Identify API are cached for the duration of the session, enables us to know when an attribute has changed and needs to be updated, expires when session ends, hash data type
- _hjCachedUserAttributes - stores User Attributes sent through the Hotjar Identify API, whenever the user is not in the sample. Collected attributes will only be saved to Hotjar servers if the user interacts with a Hotjar Feedback tool. Cookie used regardless of whether a Feedback tool is present, expires when session ends, JSON data type
- _hjLocalStorageTest - checks if the Hotjar Tracking Code can use local storage. If it can, a value of 1 is set. Data stored in_hjLocalStorageTest has no expiration time, but it is deleted almost immediately after it is created. Under 100ms duration. Boolean true/false data type.
- _hjptid - not in use
PHP is the language used by our web server. The cookie set is:
- PHPSESSID - used to reference a session stored on the web server, expires when you close your browser.
This cookie contains a random string of text, no information is stored in your browser.
Third party cookies
Additional cookies (called third party cookies) may be stored on your device by servers operated by third parties who provide certain content on our website such as YouTube and Vimeo.